New productions and local favorites highlight the HCA/TriStar Broadway at TPAC Series, which has announced its 2010-2011 lineup.
Among the shows is 9 to 5: The Musical, which will launch its national tour from Nashville in September, and Dreamgirls, which continues a strong revival run following the award-winning film adaptation.
This year marks HCA/TriStar’s seventh year of sponsorship. The schedule is as follows:
- 9 to 5: The Musical, Sept. 21-26, the new musical comedy with music and lyrics by Dolly Parton, adapted from the film about three unlikely friends who team up to take care of business in their office.
- Dreamgirls, Oct. 26-31, following the dramatic rise of a singing group with the sounds of 1960s R&B, soul and pop music in a polished and classy revival of the Tony Award-winning musical that inspired the Academy Award-winning film.
- Blue Man Group, Nov. 16-21, a first-ever tour of its high-octane theatrical experience that gives audiences an escape from the ordinary with an explosion of comedy, music and technology.
- Shrek the Musical, Jan. 25-30, 2011, the Tony Award-winning clever musical comedy from DreamWorks, based on the Oscar-winning film that’s part romance, part twisted fairy tale and all irreverent fun for everyone.
- In The Heights, March 22-27, 2011, the winner of four 2008 Tony Awards including Best Musical and the 2008 Grammy Award for Best Musical Show Album, telling the universal story of a vibrant community in New York’s Washington Heights neighborhood; and
- The new Mel Brooks musical, Young Frankenstein, May 10-15, 2011, a re-imagining of the monster hit film, delivering the madcap humor of the movie in a spectacle of big, new production numbers for the stage.
In addition, three special performances are scheduled: A Tuna Christmas, Nov. 30 – Dec. 5, Cats, April 1-3, 2011 and Spring Awakening, Feb. 25-27.
Season tickets are now on sale; for more information, click here.