The Tennessee Valley Pride (TVP) Board of Directors are pleased to announce the dates for the 2012 Chattanooga PRIDE Festival. Oct. 1 – 7 are the selected dates for “Celebrating All Shades of the Rainbow”; this year’s PRIDE theme. The week’s activities will culminate with a free and open to the public festival on Sunday, Oct. 7. The festival dates were selected to coincide with National GLBT Diversity Month. The festival will take place at Miller Plaza and Park in downtown Chattanooga. The venue sits adjacent to federal and city buildings and serves as a fitting back drop during the national conversation of gay marriage and GLBT rights.
This year TVP plans to build on the success of past festivals and include more events, vendors, entertainment and sponsors. In addition, this year TVP is launching a green initiative. Already this initiative is being watched by other PRIDE organizations to create a model for their own ‘green’ campaigns. Also this year, TVP Plans to expand its reach by hosting events at in Cleveland, Tenn., and introducing a public commitment ceremony to the Festival day events line-up.
Planned events are listed as follows. Please reference the TVP website at www.TennesseeValleyPride.com and facebook at TN Valley Pride.
- Monday – Comedy Night with Wendy Tippens – Join TVP as we celebrate “All Shades of Red” with Wendy Tippens. We are throwing a “Shades of Red Party” to start off this year’s PRIDE. We will be serving a pot luck before the comedy show at 6:30 p.m. Bring your favorite red food or desert. The comedy show will start at 8:30 p.m. This is a 21 and up event with raffles and door prizes. Come early for best seating for the show and be sure to dress in red!
- Tuesday – Faith Service – Join TVP as we celebrate Pride in the community on Tuesday October 2nd. “Celebrating the Rainbow of Faiths in the Community” Service will start at 7pm at St Mark’s Church – 701 Mississippi Ave, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Wednesday – Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser – Join TVP for a taste of Italy as we serve up your favorite dishes to raise money for PRIDE. We will be serving from 5:30 – 8 p.m. at Pilgrim Congragational Church – 400 Glenwood Dr, Chattanooga, TN. Stop on your way home from work and enjoy an evening with friends and family. Tickets are $5.00 per person and include a main dish, drinks and deserts. Tickets can be purchased at TennesseeValleyPride.com, Chuck’s II, Images, TBOW’s Tavern or from any TVP Board Member.
- Thursday – Duets Night at TBOW’s Tavern – $2 cover with free pool from 7 – 9 p.m. and $1 Jell-O shots all night long. The duets show will start at 11 p.m. with an all star cast performance of your favorite songs built for two.
- Friday – Official Opening Party – Images – 6005 Lee Hwy, Chattanooga, Tenn. – Join TVP as we kick off your PRIDE weekend in Chattanooga! Happy hour from 5 – 8 p.m. with drink specials all night long. All Cast PRIDE show at Midnight staring current and former TVP title holders. Special Guest Stone Parquet – Mr. Bear Unlimited.
- Saturday – “For the Bible Tells Me So” Film screening and panel discussion 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Grace Episcopal Church, 20 Belvoir Ave, Chattanooga, Tenn. Join Host Grace Church and Integrity Southeast Tennessee for the screening and discussion of the film with a lunch intermission. To register for lunch please RSVP to [email protected]
- Saturday – VIP and Sponsor Reception Hosted by TVP. 6:30 – 8 p.m. at Chuck’s II – 27 W Main Street, Chattanooga, Tenn. This is an invitation only event. Sponsors of the 2012 PRIDE Festival and VIP’s will have a meet and greet with members of the DC Cowboys, singer/song writer Summer Osborne, and other special guest. Attendees will enjoy complimentary wine and hors d’oevures and receive sponsor gifts. Limited tickets are available for the event for $25. For more information on tickets please contact (423) 760-1824
- Southern Country Chattanooga Hoedown – Chuck’s II 27 W Main Street, Chattanooga, Tenn. From 8 p.m. to midnight. Join Host Southern Country Chattanooga for their annual Hoedown. The DC Cowboys may even drop by to give you a number or two. Enjoy an evening of country line dancing and refreshments served up by Chattanooga’s Favorite Bartender, Ken.
- Sunday – Chattanooga PRIDE Festival 2012 – Miller Plaza -1 – 8 p.m. – Vendor Market opens at 1 p.m. – Stage Show starts at 2 p.m. – More than 50 vendors, food, and family/kids play area. Starting at 2 p.m. TVP will host Commitment ceremonies in the park. Due to park restrictions the commitment ceremonies will be invitation only. Special Guest to include Charlie Brown of the Famous “Charlie Brown’s Cabaret”, The DC Cowboys from America’s Got Talent, singer/song writer Summer Osborne, The Ashley Jo Farmer Band, and Stone Parquet – Mr. Bear Unlimited. This year TVP will contract with On the List Catering to provide beer sales during the event. This year TVP will also abide by new regulation and host a smoke free event. A separate smoking area will be provided for smokers during the event. Full event details and registrations are available at TennesseeValleyPride.com
- Official After Party – Chuck’s II 8 p.m. Join TVP and host Southern Country Chattanooga and Chuck’s II as we close a great week of events. Live DJ, door prizes, raffles, jell-o shots and drink specials. This is a 21 and up event. No cover charge, but donations are encouraged
For a full up to date event listing and stage line up – please visit the TVP website at TennesseeValleyPride.com.