The Tennessee Transgender Political Coalition (TTPC) recently released its fourth quarter activity report. The following is a summary of their efforts:
- Provided ongoing support to the Vote No on 1 campaign opposing the Constitutional Amendment Against Marriage Equality.
- Lobbied members of Congress from Tennessee in favor of equal rights for all LGBT persons.
- Lobbied members of Tennessee General Assembly in favor of equal rights for all LGBT persons.
- Participated in Tennessee Valley Pride Fall Festival in Chattanooga on October 1.
- Co-sponsor of National Coming Out Day event in Nashville organized by Church Street Freedom Press on October 11.
- Participated in National Coming Out Day Rally in Knoxville on October 14.
- Participated in Dick Dialogues at Montgomery Bell State Park, October 20 to 22.
- Participated in 4th Annual Nashville Black Pride, October 28.
- Appeared on Tennessee Progress Report on WRFN (98.9) in Nashville on October 30.
- Participated in GLBT Life and Business Expo hosted by the Nashville Association of Professional Persons on November 4.
- Participated in Transgender Day of Remembrance ceremony in Knoxville on November 18.
- Spoke to Our Whole Lives sexuality education class at First Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashville on November 19.
- Appeared on Avalon Farmcast Podcast show on November 20.
- Participated in Transgender Day of Remembrance ceremony in Memphis on November 20.
- Co-sponsor of Transgender Day of Remembrance ceremony in Nashville along with Tennessee Vals on November 20.
Upcoming for First Quarter 2007:
- Will participate in Advancing Equality Day on the Hill organized by Tennessee
- Equality Project on February 20.
- Will participate in Women’s Studies Conference at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro on February 22.
The Tennessee Transgender Political Coalition (TTPC) is an organization designed to educate and advocate on behalf of transgender related legislation at the Federal, State and local levels. TTPC is dedicated to raising public awareness and building alliances with other organizations concerned with equal rights legislation.
For more information, contact:
Tennessee Transgender Political Coalition (TTPC)
P.O. Box 92335
Nashville, TN 37209