If you’re on the prowl for fleet-footed gender benders with a powerful thirst, look no further. The Grizzlies Red Dress Rampage, an annual event that benefits the Nashville Grizzlies RFC and the Belcourt Theatre, will mark its third installment Saturday, Oct. 22.
"("It’s) a chance to let loose for a day, have fun, make new friends, enjoy some locally brewed Yazoo beer and know that you are helping two very special organizations in Nashville," says 2011 co-chair Todd Shelton.
An entertaining blend of pub crawl and fun run, the Red Dress Rampage begins at historic Belcourt Theatre and continues through the streets of the Hillsboro/12 South neighborhood. All entrants will receive a beer at the different "watering holes" along the route, with a 30-minute period at each stop allowing for rest and time to socialize.
The most important part of the equation: a red outfit to make all the other boys and girls jealous. Participants are strongly encouraged to wear red garments and jewelry that show their flair for the dramatic. Exceptionally creative costumes are awarded with prizes at the end of the event.
The Rampage may be a barrel of laughs with its blur of hairy legs and loony fashion, but the festivities are all for a good cause.
"(Both organizations) are very thankful for the funds raised through the Grizzlies Red Dress Rampage," Shelton says. "The first year, the funds donated to the Belcourt capped off their drive to refurbish the seating in the main auditorium. The second year, the funds helped with the refurbishment of the smaller auditorium. The Belcourt is important to the community as a independent non-profit theatre bring many films to Nashville that we would never have an opportunity to see in the chain theaters."
The Nashville Grizzlies RFC, the event’s other beneficiary, will travel to Manchester, England in the spring of 2012 to compete in the international Bingham Cup championship. A portion of the funds from the Red Dress Rampage are allocated towards their travel expenses.
"As a non-profit amateur rugby team, the Nashville Grizzlies are very dependent on their fundraising efforts to cover the costs of existing as a team," Shelton says.
For more information, visit the Red Dress Rampage website.
- Registration includes a Yazoo beer at each watering hole.
- This event is rain or shine. No refunds.
- All attendees must be 21 or older on the day of the event to participate.
- Start time will be Noon on Saturday, Oct. 22.
2011 Awards Categories:
- Best Coiffure – for those of you less refined, this means Best Hairdo!
- Best Male in Touch with His Feminine Side – for those men who get a little too into the "red dress" thing.
- Best Female as a Female – sounds easy, but you might be surprised!
- Hairiest Legs – we’d guess this would be given to a man, but who knows?!
- Best Use of the Yazoo Logo – get creative and incorporate the YAZOO logo into your outfit. Hey, it’s red so that should be easy – right?
- Most Creative – hey, it’s Nashville. There should be some major creative types, right??
- Biggest Diva – kinda open to interpretation, so surprise us!
- Biggest Mess – needless to say, we are giving this one out a few beers in!
- Most Bejeweled – we expect some sparkle!
- Most Outstanding Group – given to the group with the most paticipants registered and having the best time!
- Paris Hilton Hoochie Mama Award – we’d guess this would go to a woman, but who knows?!
- Best Pair – well, guess this could be on one person or a pair of people. Better put your best forward!