Nashville’s GLBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLBTCC) is updating its look and is seeking a new logo.
The chamber board of directors recently approved a logo contest, inviting entries from chamber members and the community-at-large.
“We’re very excited that we can involve the community in the design process of our new logo,” said John Wade, NGLBTCC president.
Michael Fluck, marketing committee chair, said the winner would receive $100 as well as a one-year NGLBTCC membership.
“We are looking forward to some fantastic entries,” Fluck said. “Nashville is such a creative community and we have some exceptional art programs and schools.”
All entries are due no later than Feb. 28, 2007 (see a complete set of rules below). Entries should be emailed to Fluck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NGLBTCC Logo Contest Rules:
- Logo must incorporate the full name “Nashville GLBT Chamber of Commerce”
- Entries must be received by midnight February 28th
- Submit electronically to email@example.com
- Each individual can submit up to but no more than three logos
- Logo submission must include a color and black & white version
- Submission must include an EPS or AI file and a JPEG version of color and b/w version
- Any logo selected becomes the intellectual property of Nashville GLBT Chamber of Commerce
- The logo must be reproducible (without compromising readability) as small as ½” in height when printed
- The logo must be reproducible when resized to fit within the size of a 468×60 online banner
- Winner will receive $100 prize and 1 year membership to the Chamber
To help designers understand the mission of the NGLBTCC, the mission statement is below.
NGLBTCC Mission Statement:
The Nashville GLBT Chamber of Commerce exists to advance common business interests, economic growth and equality in the workplace and society for its GLBT members, businesses and allies by providing educational, networking and community-building opportunities.