- Nashville Chamber Orchestra Acoustic Café Series: Darrell Scott, Nov. 10, 2006
Darrell and members of the NCO will premiere his new song-cycle featuring an all-star vocal ensemble of Music Row veterans. And along with other favorite Scott songs, Darrell will share the stage with frequent collaborator and rising star Gabe Dixon.
- Adventure Series: Wynonna Judd, Donna Summer, NCO Gospel Choir, Nov. 24 – 25, 2006
Jump-start your holiday season with this festive music program featuring a diverse selection of songs in true Music Without Boundaries fashion that celebrate the gifts we all share. With Wynonna, Donna Summer and the 100-voice NCO Gospel Choir, this exciting concert is sure to get you in the spirit. Cabaret-style table seating on the main floor, with food and beverage service, offers a fun way to share the evening with friends and family at the new Symphony Center.
- Acoustic Café Series: Sam Bush, Jan. 19, 2007
- An NCO Valentine: Feb. 14, 2007
- NCO Jewish-American Music Festival: My Big Fat Jewish Wedding, Mar. 11, 2007
Traditional Jewish wedding ceremony with commentary by Rabbi Saul. Plus dancing, kosher food and beverages.
- NCO Jewish-American Music Festival: Klezmer Jazz concert, Mar. 13, 2007
Members of the Nashville Jazz Orchestra and special guests fuse the worlds of jazz and klezmer.
- NCO Jewish-American Music Festival: Jewish-American Composers Chamber Music Concert, Mar. 15, 2007
Members of the NCO and Blair School of Music faculty. Works by Bernstein, Bloch, Copland, and Golijov
- Acoustic Café Series: Celtic Celebration, March 16, 2007
Three of the world’s great acoustic instrumentalists come together for this special St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Joined by the NCO strings and special guests.
- Family Concerts: Fiddle Fever, March 18, 2007
Take your family on a tour around the world through the music of the fiddle, with klezmer, Celtic, bluegrass, Hungarian, and fiddle soloists with members of the NCO.
- NCO Jewish-American Music Festival: Jewish-American Songwriters Night, Mar. 20, 2007
Janis Ian with special guests
- Adventure Series: Gershwin & Klezmer, Mar. 24, 2007
7 PM Meet The Music with Maestro Gambill, composer Michael Rose and cantors for Nashville’s synagogues. Symphony Center Curb Education Room.
- Acoustic Café Series: Bill Frisell, April 6, 2007
- Family Concerts: Kid Pan Alley – Williamson County CD Release Concert, April 14, 2007
- Adventure Series: Gypsy Nights, June 22 – 23, 2007
Three virtuoso soloists share the stage to bring to life the fiery music of the Gypsies, including a new work featuring the cimbalom, the national instrument of Hungary. Composer-in-Residence David Balakrishnan’s new Violin Concerto draws inspiration from the origins of Gypsy music in the evocative rhythms and melodies of northern India. The NCO concludes the season with a tour de force that was inspired by the exuberant dances of the Galanta Gypsies.
Check the NCO’s Web site often for schedule updates and additional concert information.