With some 50 percent of Out & About Newspaper readers saying they plan to ring in the New Year at a local gay bar, all 12 of Nashville’s GLBT bars are geaing up for what could be one of their biggest nights of the year.
The following information was taken from ads the bars are running in Inside Out Nashville or Out & About Newspaper, or from press releases sent out by the bars.
- Blu Bar and Nightclub promises "fablous shows, party favors, and a Midnight toast."
- Blue Gene’s is offering no cover, party favors and a midnight toast.
- Cabaret Episode 2 is offering a special drag show, party favors and a midnight toast.
- Chute Complex promises a "spectacular show" featuring the Divas with special guests Abby McDowell and Kenny Holcomb.
- Devil’s Jungle is promising a low cover charge, a finger food buffet, a champaign toast at midnight, the "Special Suspects" New Years show.
- Illusions 2 is offering party favors and a midnight toast.
- Lipstick Lounge is offering a "New Year’s Eve Karaoke" night. It begins at 9 p.m. with Debra Christian. There is a $5 cover. From 1 a.m. till close there will be dancing with Butter from 107.5 The River.
- Lucky’s Garage will offer a $7 cover charge. Their New Year will include the final round of an eight week contst for the Head Mechanic Stip Off and a performances by Lucky’s La Cage Drag Show.
- Play Dance Club , Tribe Video Bar and Red Restaurant are offering the following entertainment for New Year’s Eve.
Play will have singer/songwriter Kristy Lee opening in the Showbar at 8 p.m.; DJ Lenny B keeps the Dance floor hopping all night long and Carmella Marcella Garcia headlines the Playmates’ show at 10:30 p.m. and 1 a.m.
Kristy Kay performs on the dance floor, and will be singing her SMASH dance hit “I Touch Myself” among others after midnight. Tribe’s New Year’s Eve starts with dinner at Red Restaurant. A four course meal is only $49 per person (which includes admission to Tribe.) Dinner includes Antipasti, Sea Scallops, Red Salad, Butternut Squash Soup, Seared Halibut, Filet Fair Banks, Chicken vodka pasta, Crème Brulee, and Paradise cake. Reservations at 615-329-3913. At Tribe, DJ Phil rocks the house and plays the year’s best music videos all night long. Champagne toast and big balloon drop at midnight.
- Purple Heys is offering a cover charge, New Year’s Eve midnight toast and "more".
- Trax will be offering up music with DJ Duane, party favors and a midnight toast.
Jen Foster, 2 Chix & A Drum and Wall of Jules – 9 p.m., East End Body in Balance (953 Main St.), $20 advance, $25 at door. RSVP Laura Darling: [email protected]. Includes light appetizers, party favors and a midnight champagne toast. BYOB
There are plenty of other celebrations going on in town, for a full list of these celebrations check out http://www.tnnightlife.com.