It's hard to believe that it's been 30 years since Cyndi Lauper released her iconic debut album She's So Unusual. So, imagine our excitement when Lauper announced not one but two Tennessee dates for her She's So Unusual Tour, celebrating the groundbreaking album.
Recorded and released in 1983, Lauper’s debut solo album is a colorful portrait of a unique and multifaceted talent. The album features some of Lauper’s most well-known songs and perennial radio favorites including “Girls Just Want to Have Fun,” “Time After Time,” “She Bop,” “Money Changes Everything,” and “All Through the Night.” She’s So Unusual made Lauper a household name and cemented her place in musical history as the first female artist to have four top 10 singles on a debut album. The release went on to sell over 16 million copies worldwide and won Lauper a Grammy® Award for Best New Artist.
Lauper also made headlines earlier this year when she became the first female in history to win a Tony Award for Best Score for her work on the Broadway smash Kinky Boots.
Lauper will perform first, November 5, at TPAC and the following night in Knoxville at the Tennessee Theater. At each concert, Lauper will perform the record-setting album in its entirety and share intimate, never-before-heard stories from the recording of the album.
Out & About Nashville wants to send two lucky readers and their guests down memory road for Lauper's October 5 performance at TPAC.
Find out how you can enter below and remember the more you enter the more chances you have to win!
1) Gay Faves 2013: It's an exciting time to be in Nashville and this year we're looking for the best of LGBT Nashville in 50 categories. Who is your favorite drag performer- the one you have to see when they perform across Nashville? What community event did you look forward to most this year? Where is your favorite place to grab coffee? We want to know who your Gay Faves are. Click here to fill out the nomination form and enter to win Cyndi Lauper tickets.
2) Sign up for our weekly newsletter below:
3) Send us a tweet: C'mon @outandaboutnash I Just Wanna Have Fun with @CyndiLauper on November 5 @tpac
4) Check out our Cyndi Lauper article this month and leave a comment.
5) Share this contest across Facebook. Don't forget to tag Out & About Nashville!